September 14, 2015 § Leave a comment

Red-bellied black snake

Red-bellied black snake info < Click

Kathy was on her property – wearing sandals and in moderately long grass.  The sharp pin-prick on her ankle was thought – at first – to be from a piece of wire.

Ten minutes later, she was feeling a bit woozy and sat down to drink tea from a thermos.  The Kathy noted the twin fang bites,not just a single prick.

Things were not getting any better soon after, Kathy just made it back to her house when she collapsed on the back steps.  Geoff Troutt (brother) called triple O the emergency number.

Without losing consciousness – rushed by ambulance to the nearest hospital.

Kathy was the fifth snake bitten person admitted to that hospital in the previous seven days.

A swam taken from the wound ID the culprit.  No anti-venom is given for this species of snake.

Extreme pain and bed for a week – unable to walk without help.

A full recovery has followed.


Beware of snakes in the garden.

Beware of snakes in the garden.


Where Am I?

You are currently viewing the archives for September, 2015 at Kathy Troutt.