September 14, 2015 § Leave a comment

Red-bellied black snake

Red-bellied black snake info < Click

Kathy was on her property – wearing sandals and in moderately long grass.  The sharp pin-prick on her ankle was thought – at first – to be from a piece of wire.

Ten minutes later, she was feeling a bit woozy and sat down to drink tea from a thermos.  The Kathy noted the twin fang bites,not just a single prick.

Things were not getting any better soon after, Kathy just made it back to her house when she collapsed on the back steps.  Geoff Troutt (brother) called triple O the emergency number.

Without losing consciousness – rushed by ambulance to the nearest hospital.

Kathy was the fifth snake bitten person admitted to that hospital in the previous seven days.

A swam taken from the wound ID the culprit.  No anti-venom is given for this species of snake.

Extreme pain and bed for a week – unable to walk without help.

A full recovery has followed.


Beware of snakes in the garden.

Beware of snakes in the garden.


Tagged: ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

What’s this?

You are currently reading KATHY – NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE (2015) at Kathy Troutt.


%d bloggers like this: