September 14, 2015 § Leave a comment
Kathy was on her property – wearing sandals and in moderately long grass. The sharp pin-prick on her ankle was thought – at first – to be from a piece of wire.
Ten minutes later, she was feeling a bit woozy and sat down to drink tea from a thermos. The Kathy noted the twin fang bites,not just a single prick.
Things were not getting any better soon after, Kathy just made it back to her house when she collapsed on the back steps. Geoff Troutt (brother) called triple O the emergency number.
Without losing consciousness – rushed by ambulance to the nearest hospital.
Kathy was the fifth snake bitten person admitted to that hospital in the previous seven days.
A swam taken from the wound ID the culprit. No anti-venom is given for this species of snake.
Extreme pain and bed for a week – unable to walk without help.
A full recovery has followed.
SUCH A NICE PET (below)